Welcome to the Cooperation Project version 0.12 you can edit this page by clicking the revise-link with login: demo and password: user
What is the mission of this Cooperation Project?
The mission of the Cooperation Project is:
Who are the participants?
- to create meaningful connections and cooperation between members of (offline and online, informal and formal) communities
- to provide a platform that enables (tele)community members to participate in enriching projects while investing in a high quality digital lifestyle
- to empower communities worldwide to fight poverty and exclusion by building local clusters of meaningful economic activities around (tele)community centers, nested in a global knowledge structure
we are a group of people from different countries who met at the Cooperation Studies webconference on Brainstorms, the online community founded by Howard Rheingold.
What is cooperation?
the action of cooperating : common effort
Why do people cooperate?
for common benefit
What are the common benefits for the participants of the Cooperation Project?
- to learn more about cooperation and how it works
- to be part of an enriching project
- the ability to use the collaboration platform for other projects
Will the Cooperation Project provide a financial income for its participants?
We'd like to think that this is possible although initially we don't expect it. For now, it's mainly an educational project, but you never know what comes out of it.
We aim to have our development costs paid for by one or more sponsors and currently enjoy the TeleCommunity hosting services of The WebAssistant Company.
What is a Shamrock organisation?
Named as such by management guru Charles Handy, a Shamrock organisation is a virtual organisation, driven by common benefits and client contracts, and without too many fixed costs.
What are the roles in the Shamrock of the Cooperation Project?
KC: knowledge cooperative
OD: organisational development
BD: business development
PD: product development
LG: lead generation
DG: deal generation
PM: project management
PE: project execution
Who are our clients?
For the Cooperation Project, a client is a "market segment of one". What that means is this:
What are our products?
- a "client" today does not want a "supplier", but a eye-opening partner, always available for exchange of challenging views, information, explanations.
What is involved in succesful cooperation?
- a "client" today does not want a "product", but an intelligent, customized and scalable solution.
- a "client" today wants new ideas, new services, to the design of which he/she has contributed.
- a "client" today wants to receive what has been purchased fast and easily.